Wednesday, September 27, 2017

"Changed"

"They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:" (Psalms 102:26)
If you think that you are good enough, then you might need to think again; none of us are good enough to do what is required to earn salvation, it is never earned. I have so many times tried to figure it out, but without faith, there is really no other way that it works. God has said, "Believe and be saved." It is just that simple; why do we continue to find ways to make it complicated? Looking at this verse we have before us today, in context with the last verse, it is speaking of the heavens and the earth; which we know from Scriptures, will be dissolved, totally remade, rolled up like a scroll; what ever way you want to look at it, there will be change on a level that we cannot even imagine. However, if we step back into the context of the whole Psalm, it is more about us, we are the ones that will be changed. Even starting at verse 19, we see God looking down upon earth; verse 20, He hears the groaning of His people; verse 21, He has the plan; verse 22, He sees the result; verse 23, He changes our way of life; verse 24, our life as we know it has changed; verse 25, we give into the change; today, it's out of our hands! Paul has declared, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6)
Again, "Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24) I am sorry, but it is just not our choice anymore; maybe it never was in the first place. I mean, I know that I made a choice; around the third Sunday in August 1981, I said yes to accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior; but maybe that choice I made was not up to me, it was all God's doing right from the start. Something outside of me changed my heart that day. I was content to stay in bed, until I heard a voice call me elsewhere. I was prepared to hear a message, but something changed my heart to listen. I cried out because I saw my need for a Savior, but I did not expect the change that came over me. I merely thought that I was going to be forgiven of my sins, I did not expect that He was going to change my life; that He was going to give me a new heart, an expectant heart...
"And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment." (2 Peter 3:7-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment