Friday, September 8, 2017

"Eyes Wide Open"

"I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the housetop." (Psalms 102:7)
It's really not all about money; it is about being totally dependent upon God, in all things, and at all times. We might think that while things are good and plenty that we don't need to rely on God as much as when things are lean and bad; but there is nothing different between those two areas of life, not when it comes to our vulnerability. God is with us through it all, the good and the bad, the lean and the plenty; we are never really all alone, because Jesus has promised that He would be with us always. You see it happening all the time, people are taken in the most unsuspecting time or place. They can be having the time of their lives, living the dream, and raking in the money, hand over fist; and just like that, they are gone, without even a warning. So it's really not about having this or that, it's about being in the hand of the One who holds onto to everything, including your life. I truly do believe that God does not mind it when we complain, not when our complaint is to Him. There is the picture that I see being given within this verse. There really is a huge difference between being alone with God and voicing our complaint to Him, and complaining about God to others or in public. Besides, not every complaint needs to be about God or about how we might feel treated by Him. God is all about love and mercy and grace, so why wouldn't we want to complain to Him about life and the way the world might be treating us? That is the big difference between the two directions; one is us complaining to God about the world, the other is us complaining to God about His protection and His provision. Oh, you never do that? I am sorry, I guess I am all alone on that one. It just seemed so normal to me that I would allow myself to question God's motives while I am going through something that seems totally and completely against anything that looks like I am being cared for; like when I can't pay my bills, or my checks bounce and I feel like a criminal. I might not come right out and say it, but sometimes in my heart I feel a little let down. It's only temporary and in desperation, so don't think that I walk around feeling abandoned by God. But I do hang my head and mutter something pitiful and pathetic, if only for a brief moment. Not all the time or every time it might happen, because there are many times I remember just praising Him, saying, "It's all Yours anyway, so do with it what You want!" Maybe there might have been a little sarcasm in the way I said it, and maybe not; maybe I might have said it laughingly and expecting God to be laughing with me. But the point to all of this is, is that God is always there, regardless of the situation...
"Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us." (Romans 8:18-23) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment