Friday, September 29, 2017

"Unchanging"

"But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end." (Psalms 102:27)
You did realize that this verse is the second part of the last, right? Whatever we lack, whatever we need to be complete, Jesus more than makes up for! Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith; Jesus said of Himself in Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending." It could not be any clearer than that! If you need something to fix your eyes on for security and peace, then look no further, because Christ Jesus is the same, yesterday, today, and forever more! I am changing all the time; I change so frequently that I can't even keep up. One minute I am fine, the next, I think I need a vacation. If it weren't for this blog, I might have not even gotten out of bed today, and I hate sleeping in; I can't stand to not get up before the sun rises, it just throws my whole day off. If you need "Blessed Assurance," then you need to look no further than to our Blessed Savior, Jesus Christ; who not only paid the price for your sins, but has guaranteed that you have a place waiting for you in heaven; it's won and done! We really need to stop fighting a battle that is already won; instead we need to be focused upon the prize, a prize that has already been awarded unto us. That is what Paul was trying to say throughout the many letters that he wrote, especially the letter to Rome, saying, "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (Romans 6:6) We can't keep carrying around this dead body chained to our back and expect to not smell the stench. I know that I have some things I need to get worked out, but I also know that Christ has worked everything out of me in advance. As crazy as that might sound, it is true. I can do nothing more to gain the salvation that Christ has given me; and I can do nothing to take away from that very same salvation. If we can't earn it, then we can't give it away! Once you have obtained it, you are stuck, there is no going back! Say what you will, but I will stick with what I know. Besides, John made it pretty clear in his first letter to the church, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be manifest that they were not all of us." (1 John 2:19) It really could not be any clearer than that...
"So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." (James 1:16-18) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment