Friday, February 5, 2016

"Taking a Breath of Life" -2

"When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end." (Psalms 73:16-17) I was reminded of something yesterday, that God really has given us all that we will ever need or ever want, if we would just be satisfied with Him! There were two different things I heard that made this reminder take place; one was a misquote of a young boy of Psalms 23:1, where he said, "The Lord is my shepherd, he gives me everything I want." The other was another boy that called into Every Man an Answer, and asked, "Do we have to marry Jesus?" Obviously his question was easy to answer, but it caused me to be reminded of the Lord's providing for everything that I could ever need or want, if I would just be satisfied with Him. That is all that He wants from us, to be faithful to Him, as a good wife is faithful to her husband; the husband that provides for her and cares for her and protects her, all because he loves her with all of his heart. That's all that He wants from His bride! There is also another thing we need to remember when we start getting a little too worldly, that He is our refuge and our shelter. Don't take that lightly, because there is no shelter or refuge here in this place; not the kind of refuge and shelter that God can provide for us. His love is totally big enough for the both of us! In other words, we might not be able to love God as much as we should, but we sure can love Him as much as we need to!
"Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink -even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk -it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David." (Isaiah 55:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment