Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"Yankee Doodle"

"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." (Psalms 73:26) Don't ask; it just jump right out and here you have it. For whatever it's worth, there is more to this old song than just being cute and funny; it actually started as a song to make fun of the American soldiers before the American Revolution. Pretty much, just a song to mock them for their arrogance to think they could take on the King and his army; but after the Americans won some battles, it became a patriotic song to motivate them to 'keep it up.' So you see, it really depends what you are fighting for, and in whom you put your trust! Just for the record, we cannot keep any of those Ten Commandments; and if you think that you have, you are only fooling yourself by forgetting one simple thing that gives you away, your heart. God judges the heart; so you don't even need to actually physically break the command, if it enters your heart to do so, then it's already done as far as God is concerned. You no doubt have heard someone say, "I don't need to be saved, because I am a good person." Well, the problem is not based upon how we compare to other people, it's based upon how we compare to God; it's like apples and oranges when we start adding God into the equation. We must be changed from being what we are, into being what He is, which is righteous and holy; and their is only one way that is going to happen, by being washed in the blood of Jesus Christ! If you are washed in the blood of Christ, then it does not matter what you have done, you are counted as righteous in God's eyes! It does not matter what people might call you, because you are justified in Christ, and there is nothing that man can do to undo what Christ has done for you; your ticket is punched, and you are safely in the boat; and guess what? He has closed the door behind you! When it comes to our salvation in Christ, I really don't think we can ever loose something that is not ours to begin with. I know that there are many different opinions on the matter, but the truth of the matter is between God and the person, not the world's view, but God's view; and God looks at the heart of the matter! I think when we get to heaven, we are really going to be surprised who we do and don't see there. So, "Yankee Doodle" that in your cap...
"The people surrounded him and asked, "How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly." Jesus replied, "I have already told you, and you don't believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father's name. But you don't believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand. The Father and I are one." (John 10:24-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment