Sunday, February 14, 2016

"Faith to Go"

"Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory." (Psalms 73:24) Okay, so maybe we stray away from time to time, but He has promised to never let go of us, so we never really get too far that He can't jerk us back towards Him! It's kind of like if you were walking down the street with your dad, and all of the sudden you started to step out into traffic, and he yanks you back to safety; that's how it is for us that are His children, He is always there, right there by your side. This verse makes me cry; I'm sorry, but it hurts my heart to think about all the times I have not listened to His voice. I can be such a jerk sometimes! If only I could get some mulligans on life's choices, because there are things that we do now and then that are hard to get over. I know that "all things work towards the good" and all, but seriously, there are some things which have a life of their own. King David has been given the name, "A man after God's own heart," even though he was such a sinner! I get that, I really do; because David was a man that knew God's heart for him, and he knew that God loved him, sinner and all. Okay, so maybe we don't listen to every word that He says; and maybe we get ourselves in some pretty ugly messes; but God will get us through this, some how, some way, we will make it through; He will get us across to the other side, we just need to trust Him! That my dear brothers and sisters is the beauty of the Gospel message; we are broken over and over, but He is amazing at making all things new! Don't believe it? Then you have not yet given it all to Him! You really can't expect Him to make all things new, if you keep on holding on to some old things; now can you? Ya, that's right, we are talking about going somewhere, but it's not going to Africa, or joining some mission; we are talking about going towards God! We want to bring God into our world, but He wants us to long for His!!! Please don't get me wrong, we always need to be ready to share the Gospel whenever we can; that's not what I am talking about, if you thought that I was. I am talking about holding onto the things that get between us and God, our idols; and we somehow think we can hold onto these things and bring God into that relationship; as if God is going to hangout there with us; well, He's not! Go means that we go all out for God! You're either in Christ or you're not; you can't have to both ways... "Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what God pleases will live forever." (1 John 2:15-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment