Thursday, February 25, 2016

"Who's Who" -Too

"Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt." (Psalms 74:2) As I said, God's appeals to us, far more than we appeal to Him. As a matter of fact, if it were not for God's appealing to us, we would just be well enough left alone; at least we would think that we were. If it were not for God reaching out to us, I don't think any one of us would ever have reached out to Him; it's not that we would not have tried to find Him, because I know I tried to create an image of what I thought was Him; but without His help, we would be stuck worshiping the stars, or animals, or some other thing of God's creation. If you don't believe me, then where do you think God first spoke with Abraham? Abraham was not exactly worshiping God when he was told to leave the land of his father; he didn't even leave the first time God told him to. It's pretty obvious who is the most persistent between God and us! I have argued this point many times before, because I truly believe that it is God who reaches out to us, not we that reach out to Him. But, if you are looking for some sort of evidence to the opposite view, then Nicodemus coming out to Jesus at night, might be right up your alley. Unfortunately, I don't buy that one as proof, because Jesus had shown Himself to him first! Nic just didn't get out of bed thinking, I think I will go find out who this guy is. No, it was his heart being touched that brought him out there; and his heart was touched, because Jesus touched it! Sure, he needed to come out there to meet with Jesus; but he never would have come if Jesus didn't knock on his heart first. Look at Moses, who was just going about his business, tending sheep, when all of the sudden, God shows up on the mountain, as a burning bush. Would Moses have even ventured up the mountain, if it were not for that mysterious bush that was burning? No, he would not have. I think of my own salvation, and, had it not been for God calling me down to that Service, it would have just been another Sunday, laying around on my bunk or playing horseshoes. Nothing is going to happen unless God shows up...
"When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the LORD God among the trees. Then the LORD God called to man, "Where are you?" He replied, "I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked." "Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat.?" (Genesis 3:8-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment