Monday, February 1, 2016

"False Evidence Appearing Real"

"Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency." (Psalms 73:13) Yes, FEAR is the word described in the title; and for a very good reason. This is the kind of fear you have when you think that you have been wrong, like maybe all of this trying to be godly is not really working. Have I wasted my life? This truly is "false evidence appearing real!" It is the kind of evidence of something that is make-believe in the everlasting, simply because it will not last! Yet, in the short term, it sure appears real! When ever you start doubting why you are serving the Lord, you need to really step back and recount the cost. And I don't mean to start comparing finances and lifestyles, because those are not a worthy comparison to heavenly things. Take me back to the cross! That's is what you need to say: Lord, let me see again what you died for, because I seem to have lost my way! Everlasting Life, that is what I want; I want everlasting life with the God that loves me! They say that the biggest reason for the torment in hell will be regret, like the regret which can never ever go way. I believe that there will be regret also in heaven, but God will somehow take that away. Maybe just the pure light of His presence will do it; but however He does it, He will wipe away all our tears. (Revelation 21:4) Those are the kinds of thoughts we need to be focused upon, not on how much money or prosperity we are missing out on; not even on the prosperity or money that we have, or have not. It is not about any of that temporary pleasure or comfort, it's about spending eternity in heaven with Jesus! We will be comforted in heaven more than we could ever be comforted here on this earth; there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between the two, so why even bother listing them side by side. No, when it comes to counting the cost, it must include real fear, as in the fear of the LORD! All other fear is not lethal to our souls, none of it! The fear of starvation, or homelessness, or sickness, or even death; they are all just false evidence appearing real compared to our eternal life in Christ Jesus. We came into this life empty and we will leave empty; but where we leave to, that is the real reason we happily serve the God who loves us. God has never promised us anything but an "abundant life!" Oddly enough, abundant does not consider worldly riches and a prosperous life in this world as "abundant life." It is more about "fullness of life," which is life that is more life than this world has to offer. Okay, so you still don't get it; then compare a grain of sand to all the sand in the sea; because that is your life here on earth compared to eternity...
""You have said terrible things about me" says the LORD. "But you say, 'What do you mean? What have we said against you?' "You have said, 'What's the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying His commands or by trying to show the LORD of Heaven's Armies that we are sorry for our sins? From now on we will call the arrogant blessed. For those who do evil get rich, and those who dare God to punish them suffer no harm.'" Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In His presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared Him and always thought about the honor of His name. "They will be my people," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."" (Malachi 3:13-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment