Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"To And Fro" -Bro!

"O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? Why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?" (Psalms 74:1) No doubt, this is going to be longer than most; I may still be in this Psalm the beginning of April, maybe longer. There is some pretty interesting stuff that God is showing me, and I really don't want to miss anything God has to say. By the way, do you know why you need to have a pen and paper in your hand at all time when you are listening to God's word being taught? To write down what He tells you! Don't you know He speaks the loudest when you are ready to listen; and what better way to be prepared to listen, than to be ready to write down what He says. I may not get a lot of things right, but being prepared to write down what I hear God saying is one of my better traits. I recently started dating my notes. Don't ask me why, maybe it's in case I start loosing my memory, or in case I leave something behind for someone that might really have an interest in them; and I have tons; okay, maybe not tons, but there are quite a few stacks of them. Whether you know it or not, you have no longer been your own since the day you became the property of Jesus Christ. When that day began might be debatable; but make no doubt about it, you belong to Jesus, and even though the ride might get a little bumpy, you're in really really good hands! I really don't know how else to describe what I am trying to say, except to say that He watches over those that are His; so much so, that if you persist in going astray, He will need to break your leg and carry you around for a time; it's what a good shepherd does to wayward sheep, why would Jesus be any different? Actually, I'm not sure anymore what shepherds do, because the way the Vet talked to me about my lamb that broke his leg, I think it must be best to just put them down. The Vet asked me if it was a prize lamb, and when I said no, he told me to knock it in the head and buy another one. I thought that was a little cold for someone that is a doctor of animals; so I fixed his leg myself, and he turned out just fine. It is pretty obvious by the Word of God, that God has our very best in mind for us; the hard part for us to see, is what exactly is our very best. For all we know, our very best could feel like our very worst; or worst, it could actually turn out to be our very death. We don't know what goes on in the big picture, we only get to experience a very small part of what is really taking place. We are just a tiny little dot of paint on the canvas of God's creation, and guess what? Picture yourself as that dot, and try with all your might to see the painting; yea, just what I thought...
"So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have -the ones God has chosen -but the hearts of the rest were hardened. As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." Likewise, David said, "Let their bountiful table become a snare, a trap that makes them think all is well. Let their blessings cause them to stumble, and let them get what they deserve. Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see, and let their backs be bent forever." Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so God made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves. Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God's offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it." (Romans 11:7-12) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment