Thursday, February 19, 2015

"The Heart of God" - Too

"He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth." (Psalms 57:3) As I was praying about what God would have me say this morning, something I had asked my six year old niece on Sunday popped into my mind, which was, His banner of me is what? and then I asked her to fill in the blank. And I started thinking about all that Jesus spoke to us about love, and how much that "Banner", which we automatically assume is for us to claim for ourselves, is actually for others to know Who's we are. While at lunch yesterday, I spoke to someone about yesterday's post, and how I was trying to express how a changed heart is so simple, yet so complex; it's simple, because it is changed by God; and it's so complex, because we can never ever change it on our own. It is God that must change our hearts! And here is something extraordinary from my little prayer, I failed the test! I asked God to change my heart, and then I failed at letting Him change it. Do you ever have that kind of experience? You ask God for patience, so He allows you to enter into something that you usually have no patience in, and you instantly blow it; you get stressed out and loss all control; rational thinking goes right out the window. Do you know what I mean? Who can even begin to think rationally when you want to punch somebody in the nose? You can't, and you won't; as long as you are in the flesh, you cannot display the fruit of the Spirit; and without the fruit of the Spirit being displayed in our lives, we are not living under the "Banner of His love." Now isn't that pretty simple to understand? It's all about walking in the Spirit; and if you are unable to walk in the Spirit, then you had better start asking God to help you do it; "Pleading for God's Help" is more like it! Jesus, speaking to His disciples in John 16:7-14, said, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. Of sin, because they believe not on Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see Me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come. He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall show it unto you." It's pretty obvious by what Jesus is saying that we are dependent upon the Spirit if we want the mind of Christ within us; but in order to not be carnally minded, we must surrender our hearts completely to Christ. As simple as that might sound, it is not; it's not that we cannot figure out how to do it, but that we have not reached the point that we want to do it; we are still holding onto this world, and it is still holding onto us. I am way beyond the point of trying to figure this out; it's time to let go, and let God...
"But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." (1 Corinthians 2: 10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment