Thursday, February 5, 2015

"It's Not Up To Them"

"Shall they escape by iniquity? In Thine anger cast down the people, O God." (Psalms 56:7) As I was praying about what to post this morning, I could not help but think of something that Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me" (John 14:1). Here is a really good example of Jesus telling it like it is, and just letting His disciple know who He is, and what the real miracle is that He came for; because all those miracles of healing people were only temporary, and did not provide any lasting cure; especially not for the cure we really needed to have for eternal life. The word "iniquity" used in the verse above is one that speaks of 'emptiness' or 'vanity', especially that of idolatry, or the vanity of idols; used in the context of what the whole verse is saying, it would appear that God's anger is triggered by those that worship idols; which goes back to the question being asked, Can they escape God's control if they are not worshiping God? How interesting is that question, because I know a whole lot of people that live like that is what they believe; they think that if they have no part of God, or any of His laws, or any of this "Religion", then they have no need to worry about any sort of judgment or wrath from God. Little do they know, but what they believe or think really will not mean much when they stand before God. The only real important thing that will matter, will not even be all of the sins that they committed, but will be whether or not they are written in 'The Lamb's Book of Life"; that would be Jesus' book, for those that may not know who the "Lamb of God" is. Yesterday I heard Pastor Matt giving the case for why Jesus cried out, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me", and he used the term "Substitute" to make the case, stating, "I never need to worry about being forsaken by God, because Jesus was forsaken in my place." He went on to say, I never need to worry about being judged, because Jesus took the judgment for my sins on that cross." As I heard these words, I could not help but think of someone I know, that once asked me, Why would God need to come down from heaven and die for us on a cross? This person studies with the JW's, so I knew what was motivating the question; but it's not a bad question to ask, if you really want to know the truth; unfortunately, she did not want to know, because once I told her, said argued against that sort of explanation. Whether it was a rhetorical question, or one that was asked sarcastically, it is a very important question that must be answered in each and every heart that wants to be written in that Book of Life...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment