Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Blinded by The Light" -2

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise." (Psalms 57:7) Besides, if our heart is fixed upon the Lord, then there is quite a lot of stuff here that will not distract us. Sometimes the stupid things that cause us to fall are not from the world around us, but are the things that we think about in our own minds; not that we don't get influenced by the things of the world, because we always do; but it's those little things that we store up in our minds, those just in case I want to things, those are the things that have a greater influence upon a fall than the things of this world. All that I know, is that keeping my mind on Jesus is the only way to keep from falling; but when I do fall, I need to always remember that He is keeping His eyes on me. That is the second part of this verse for me, why "I will sing and give praise", because it's really not about how I perform, or how I can earn some kind of favor with the Lord; He loves me just the same, as if I had never fallen at all. I guess what I am trying to say, is that we are all going to have days when we loss it, and days when we feel less than worthy to be His children; but it's not about what we do or don't do that makes us worthy, it's about what He has already done for us; not only did He die for our sins, but He also fulfilled all the requirements of the law for us also by living a sinless and godly life, in our place; that does not mean that we don't need to try, but it does mean that He has accomplished what we could never do. I don't honestly know if there is a single day that I can remember when I have gone completely without doing something I did not want to do, or not doing something that I wanted to do; at least there is not one of those gold-star days that I can remember. But Jesus is my Gold Star! Which is why I can sing and give praise! As I am reading through the Bible from beginning to end, I am currently at the end of Exodus, and I have been noticing how often the priests need to purify themselves before they can perform their priestly duties, it's pretty much something they need to do every single day. But that is pretty much what I feel God is putting on my heart, because we need to acknowledge our need for forgiveness every single day; sometimes more than once a day, we might need to ask Him to forgive us every hour of the day, if that's what it takes; but He is always ready to forgive us, no matter what, we just need to ask. I can't remember who it was, it could have been Pastor Jeff Schreve, but I heard a message yesterday that I had never really heard before: it was that everyone's name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life, based upon 1 John 2:2, which says, "And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the whole world." What that means, if that is the case, is that we are all already forgiven for our sins by what Jesus did on that cross; which I kind of already knew before, I just never thought about it going as far as the Lambs Book of Life; but we all have the same chance to remain written in that Book, it's just a matter of acknowledging our need to be forgiven and asking for His forgiveness; but it's already been done, we just need to believe it and claim it for our selves individually, some time before we die; because once we die, then that's it, our name is stricken; it's like that old saying, "Use It, or Lose It"... "For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:16-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment