Sunday, February 22, 2015

"Always Changing"

"Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Thy glory be above all the earth." (Psalms 57:5) That's the point that was revealed to me last night, that we are always changing; our emotions always change, the way that we feel physically is always changing, even the way we feel about our relationships always change; some days we feel in love, and others we feel discouraged by love; there is really nothing that we have going for us here that is consistent and does not change, except God. Oh, I know; we could just keep this simple and continue to believe that this is all about hiding in a cave, but this is about life; just so happens, David had something to compare this living roller coaster ride of a life to, and to show us how much we need to focus on God, if we want to have anything fixed in our lives; because we surely are not going to find it here in  this world. And when I say 'fixed', I don't mean to have God fix something, even though I could use a little fixing in my own life; I am talking about "fixed' in place, never changing, and always the same. I never get surprised when I come to God, as if He changed His mind, or as if He has somehow gotten bored with me and my endless failure to get things right, because He is always right there, right where He has always been, and loving me just the same as He loved me when I first meet Him. You see, if God knows all things, then He knew where I would be in our relationship together today; and if He choose me then, knowing all that I would have done between then and now, I have got to believe that it is all about His love for me, because if it were based upon my love for Him, then I am going to hell and don't stand a chance to be called His child. Oh, I love God, don't get me wrong; it's just that my faithfulness has not shown that "whole heart, mind, soul, and strength" kind of love that I know we are commanded to love Him with; and I surely have not been able to keep the second command of loving my neighbor; which I don't even think is remotely possible if we are not doing the first one properly and with all we've got. But God; my God; the One that loves me just the way that I am; with all these imperfections, and all my unfaithfulness towards Him; He does not stop loving me, because His love for me is not based upon any of that stuff, it is based upon His love, which does not change, nor grow weary, nor loose hope, nor become impatient, but is always consistently loving me, no matter how much or how often I change, He remains the same. Although I know all of this, I still sometimes wish that there was a cave that I could go hide in; just sayin...
"Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of His majesty. The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down; and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low: and upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon the oaks of Bashan, and upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up, and upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall, and upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures. And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low; and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day." (Isaiah 2:10-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment