Friday, February 13, 2015

"It Is What It Is"

"For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: will not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (Psalms 56:13) What a strange way to end a Psalm, with a question; but if you really think about it, we do not know what to think sometimes; is God teaching me patience, or is He stretching my faith? Maybe He is just wanting me to care for my relationship with Him more than anything else! Was John the Baptist doubting who Jesus was when he was setting in prison? or was he looking to be delivered and just reaching out? I seriously doubt that John was doubting that Jesus was the Christ, not after having baptized Him, and seeing what he saw, and hearing what he heard; but he surely was looking for some answers, like, "Why is this happening to me?" I'm sorry, but sometimes we really need to get a life; and when I say, Get A Life, I mean that we need to quit feeling sorry for ourselves and start caring about others! It is actually more about making our life count; like that famous saying, "Life gives you lemons, so make some lemonade and be happy!" If you don't know how to do that, then start praying for God to show you how, because God is the Master Lemonade Maker; in fact, He can make rotten lemons into the best lemonade. Is it a sin to feel discouragement? No, I don't think that it is, because even Jesus felt it in the garden the night before His encounter with death. But, I do believe that it is wrong for any Christian to live in discouragement; it might even be considered sin, if it causes other to stumble; and it would surely be a shame if it caused others to give up on God. I like to look at Paul's life, as he was a great example of someone who took what he was given, and then made it into something to show the light of God through; whether that might be a shipwreck, or a stoning, or a encounter with prison, he was always prepared to just go with whatever, whenever. You might not think that is such a big deal, but nothing speaks to putting your trust in God, like just letting go and let God use you in every circumstance, no matter what! People can say that they trust God, and maybe they do; but you really won't know until they are given the chance to prove that they really do...
"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men, The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." (Philippians 4:4-9)    

No comments:

Post a Comment