Monday, February 9, 2015

"The Bible Tells Me So"

"In God will I praise His word: in the LORD will I praise His word." (Psalms 56:10) Before you go and make a hasty move based upon the fact that God is always for you, let me remind you that His will for our lives is always the best; we can really miss out on some pretty awesome blessings if we do not seek His will for everything that we do, especially when it comes to ministry and serving Him. As I was preparing to take some mental notes on a message that I will give this Sunday, I could not help but think about how we can really get in the way of God's blessings upon our lives; not because we try to prevent them, but because we try to help Him out in blessing us. God does not need our help in giving us His blessing; and if we see a blessing coming, we surely don't need to start figuring out how to help God pull it off; especially if things start turning and it looks as if the blessing will not come. "Verily, verily", a term that Jesus used often to express the truth behind what He was about to say, kind of like, "Mark my words, it will happen"; and if it has not happen yet, you had better mark His words, it will happen! I think we have a tendency to ignore some of what the Bible says; maybe we think that it all does not apply to us personally, or that some of it was for way back then, and that it really does not apply anymore to the world in which we are currently living; but without a doubt, I can assure you that the entire word of God is meant for each and every one of us, and it is totally still applicable in this modern world in which we live, every last page of it! Probably the most vain thing that we can do, is to somehow think that certain Scripture does not apply to us, or that we somehow do not need the instruction that it gives, because the world has outgrown the applications and the principles that are contained in the word of the God that made us; as if God has not been able to keep up with the growth of His own creation; what utter nonsense! The most important part of trusting God is to take Him at His word; if we doubt or deny that any of His word is applicable to our lives, then how are we going to react if we don't feel loved, or if we feel alone? There needs to be something to hold onto, especially in our moments of doubt and despair; and there is no greater Thing that we have been given than His very Word...
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment