Saturday, February 7, 2015

"Safety In Numbers" -2

"Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears in Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?" (Psalms 56:8) I am not sure when it was easier for me to cry, now that I am older, or when I was young; one thing for sure, the reasons that I cry have changed, because before I cried more about my life, but now I cry more about His. As a matter of fact, since starting this blog, I find myself crying almost every morning; how can we not cry thinking about how much He loves us, despite all the sinful things that we do! The word "tellest" means to count or to number. You know, I don't know if I have shared this before, but my mom always would tell everyone all of my good things, never any of the bad things that I had done, especially those things that I had done to hurt her. Why do I mention that? because God is counting and numbering all of the good things that I do; every tear that is shed, every prayer that is made, every selfless deed that is done; whatever I do in His name, or for His name sake, He treasures up and stores it for when I meet Him face to face. But; oh my: my God, He does not count all the stupid sinful things that I do; because of the blood of Jesus, I am washed as white as snow, and that is how the Father sees me. And on that day, when all those books will be opened, there will be a judgment for all that we have done, every single thing whether good or bad; but guess what will be listed in my column? only the good!!! Do you know why that will be? It will be because there is another book that will be open, and it will be the Lamb's Book of Life, which trumps all the other books; canceling out all of the sinful and evil stuff, and only showing the good and righteous stuff. Actually, as hard as this might be to imagine, we will appear before Him as holy virgins; that is how powerful the blood of Christ is to the washing away of our sins; you really can't get any cleaner than that...
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)
"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon His name. And they shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him." (Malachi 3:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment