Friday, February 27, 2015

"Living in The Light" -2

"Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early." (Psalms 57:8) Now before you go trying to make getting up early a habit, let me warn you about something that you are going to need to know: you are going to face some opposition! It hardly never fails, you try to get to sleep by ten, and your still kept awake until eleven; or you get to sleep by ten, but get woken up at twelve-thirty; now try getting back to sleep. The devil knows how much this time means to me, so he will try anything to keep it from happening, or to get me distracted from spending time with the Lord. There are at least two way we can look at this verse, one would be the way of the worldly view towards heaven, the other of the heavenly view towards earth; seeing how it follows the verse before it, I prefer the latter way, which is to see things the way God sees things; thereby making "my glory" mean more of the same thing that we have been talking about, in that any glory we have is not ours, but it is the righteousness of God; thereby, the expressed glory that we can show is to just praise Him for the righteousness that He has bestowed upon us; the earlier, the better! I remember when I first accepted Christ into my heart, the pure joy that I felt by just knowing that my sins were forgiven and that He loved me more than words could express; it was as if a ton of burdens had been lifted off of my soul, and now I was set free to express my love back to Him. Sin has a way of weighing us down, and it will cause us to feel overwhelmed and defeated; not that we can't get that way anyways, but sin makes it seem as though it is pointless to go on, because there is one element missing from our challenge of life, which is hope; hope in something greater and more glorious than anything that this world has to offer, and hope in the glory to come. So in that regard, I will prefer to go with the worldly view towards heaven, which is me looking up for His soon return; then I can look forward to me looking down from heaven towards what remains of this earth... "Let favour be shown to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD. LORD, when Thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of Thine enemies shall devour them. LORD, Thou wilt ordain peace for us: for Thou also hast wrought all our works in us. O LORD our God, other lords besides Thee have had dominion over us: but by Thee only will we make mention of Thy name. They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast Thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish." (Isaiah 26:10-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment