Friday, March 1, 2024

"The Futility of All Endeavor"

 "What do people get for all their hard work under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth never changes. The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. The wind blows south, and then turns north. Around and around it goes, blowing in circles. Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content.

 History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. Sometimes people say, "Here is something new!" But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new. We don't remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now." (Ecclesiastes 1:3-11 NLT)

  "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. Harken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation." (Isaiah 51:6-8 KJV)

 Last night as I went to bed, I thought about this endeavor, wondering if I might have bitten off more than I can chew; thinking that I have made the mistake of trying to share something that I might actually think I know something about. But, in reality, I am trying to learn something, that I hope to understand, with the Lord's help! 

 This particular portion of Scripture is somewhat easy for some to argue with; especially in this current life in which we are living. There are so many things we have going on in this world; so many new things that have been created and are still being made; some of which are somewhat amazing and extreme; things that are too hard to comprehend how they work.  

 However, there is nothing new under the sun! Scientifically speaking; nothing has been added to this earth that wasn't already here, made from God's original creation. Everything that has been made is from the compounds and the particles which God first created; man has just taken from God's creation and made things out of that which God has made available.

 No one has been able to create anything from nothing: Period...

"Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding." (Job 38:1-4 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment