Wednesday, March 20, 2024

"All in the Know!"

 "For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow." (Ecclesiastes 1:18 KJV)

  "Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world's standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness." And again, "The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise; he knows they are worthless."" (1 Corinthians 3:18-20 NLT)

 I can recall a time when I thought taking certain drugs made me smarter; as if the more LSD I took, the more my mind would open up to the world around me, letting me experience the powers of the earth and sky. There is a reason that drugs are referenced with sorcery and white magic, because they are oddly connected to the god of this world, the Deceiver who leads people's minds down a rabbit-hole, only to have them trapped, on the highway to hell! 

 Since I have opened this, somewhat possessive journey, I have tried to make it into a living journal, to express to anyone that is listening what it is like to even try to embark on such an adventure, if you ever think about doing so. Honestly, it has its ups and downs; but I can tell you with all my heart, I love it! 

 Again, I need to express the reason that I choose to take on this particular Book, Ecclesiastes! As we went through the Journey of this Book in church, there were several messages that I had to take issue with; not that the teaching was not correct, because if you have studied in Seminary, there is the basic teaching of how those in the know teach, and then there is the opinions of those that don't know the know! 

 I don't know the know; but I do know what I have come to believe: Every Scripture in the Bible can be used to proclaim the Good News about Christ! This Book, Ecclesiastes, although very misunderstood and judged by some to be filled with complaints about life, each and every complaint or issue; but, with the right perspective, can be an open-door to Christ! Yes, even that which is negative, turned upside-down, becomes one that points to Christ! 

 Solomon is sharing his heart, making this illustration of two basic concepts of knowing: Knowing all that is to know under the sun, verses, knowing the Son! If you know the Father, then you will know the Son; if you know the Son, you will know the Father; and you will only know either One is by the Spirit! 

 Each and every word that is written in the Book, was written by the Holy Spirit; although it might have been penned by a man, this man was led by the Spirit of God, to express God's heart, not just that of his own! That's my belief on the matter, and I am going to still to it! 

 As for this final verse on, "The Futility of Wisdom," there are two very distinct contrasting ways to read into this: The things under the sun are temporary, giving no benefit for man to study and focus upon; doing so will just produce grief and sorrow! Why is that? Because they don't last, they are like chasing the wind! The hidden secret, which coincides with this discovery, is the life under the Son, and with it comes man's greatest hope, that never fades and is eternal...

""You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life."" (John 5:39-40 NLT)     

No comments:

Post a Comment