Monday, March 18, 2024

"More Than We Ask For"

 "I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge." (Ecclesiastes 1:16 KJV) 

  "Many people say, "Who will show us better times?" Let your face smile on us, LORD. You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." (PSALM 4:6-8 NLT)

 Something to think about, if you are interested in learning how to count your blessings, instead of making complaints about things that might bother you or make you feel insecure and all alone. For Solomon, he only asked for the wisdom to govern God's people, saying, "Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by myself is able to govern this great people of yours?" (1 Kings 3:9 NLT)

 On a little different note, every time I ask God to help me to not judge, but give me patience and an understanding heart, it seems almost instantly there is someone or something that causes me to judge, lose my patience, and have a heart of stone! Go figure, you ask God to help you do something right, and He gives you the ability to try and make it happen! We fail, epically fail! 

 Well, at least I know that I do; but then again, I blame it on my wife, who has no way to defend herself; and if she did, she would lift up her hand, turn her head away, and say, "Talk to the hand!" Seriously, it is not really that I blame her, if I am going to be honest, any pain or suffering I might feel, is somehow all God's fault; at least it is when I am having a moment. 

 Don't be alarmed by that, because even Adam blamed God for his sin of eating the forbidden fruit, saying, "It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it," (Genesis 3:12 NLT) Regardless, for the most part, I have more blessings than I could ever count! Yes, it hurts from time to time, as I might feel as though I have been missing out; but there is no way to describe the love I feel for my wife; my only regret, is that I didn't show her this kind of love before her incident.

 If we both make it to the coming August the 12th, we will have been married half of the time better and the other half of it worst, although I'm not sure sometimes which one is which! I would explain it if I could, but all I can say, I have learned a lot about what it means to love unconditionally... 

"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We are knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies." (2 Corinthians 4:8-10 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment