Wednesday, March 6, 2024

"Circle of Life"

 "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits." (Ecclesiastes 1:6 KJV)

  ""God is mighty, but he does not despise anyone! He is mighty in both power and understanding. He does not let the wicked live but gives justice to the afflicted. He never takes his eyes off the innocent, but he sets them on thrones with kings and exalts them forever. If they are bound in chains and caught up in a web of trouble, he shows them the reason. He shows them their sins of pride. He gets their attention and commands that they turn from evil."" (Job 36:5-10 NLT)

 Hopefully you were able to understand why I put those verses in quotations, because those are the silent words that are spoken by the heavens; especially the sun, which is held in place by God's mighty hand! If He set the laws of our orbits around the sun, He did so for our safety and security; because everything He does for us, tells us to do, and shows us to be, is all for our good and His perfect pleasure! 

 This verse regarding the wind, although it might not appear as though it is, is to go hand-in-hand with the verse about the sun, because both have the same illustration of apathy; which, for those that might not see what it actually means, it the lack of concern or feeling. Oddly enough, to is a noun, not a verb. It is a noun because it is a thing, a thing that happens in our hearts, causing us to not pay attention to the great power that is all around us! 

 I know that I have shared some of these things before, but before I was saved, spiritually, God had saved my life several times, physically! Several times growing up, I should have and could have died; beginning at my very first breath! Yes, it might sound crazy, but I was told by the mother, grandmother, and by my grandfather, when the doctor slapped by rear to cause me to breath, I took a breath and then tried to swallow my tongue. They had to stapple my tongue down to prevent me from trying to swallow it. 

 When I was around ten years old, I had this very strange idea about taking a cardboard box up into my treehouse, getting in the box, and then pushing myself off. I thought the box would protect my fall; it not only didn't protect me, but I had no idea which way was up! Thankfully, I didn't break anything, or worse! 

 When I was twelve or so, we were up in the mountains as a family having some fun in the snow. As I came down the hill, at a pretty fast speed, my sister stood in my path with her innertube in hand, as if she was going to make me fly through the center of the tube. The valve stem of the tube went into my temple, pushing the vein to the side as it went in. If it would have cut the vein, I would have died on that mountain. The doctor that gave me stiches said that he could see the vein protruding into the hole. 

 Another time, when I was about 15 years old, I was running across the street to visit my girlfriend who was standing in her front yard, as I leaped off the island dividing the main street from the side street, a car came racing into my path. I still have no way to explain it, and my girlfriend said I should have gotten hit; but I somehow stopped in mid-flight, just for a second, rolling around the back of the car, as it zoomed by me. 

 Besides all of these and more, we have no clue how many times we are saved from death. We could be driving on our merry way, and somehow get diverted from our route, only to find out that there was going to be a wreck, we somehow avoided. Most of the time, we do even have a clue; God just makes us move, ever so slightly. 

 With that same power, God can direct our lives and navigate us into opportunities to minister and do good deeds, without even knowing who or what we be allowed to be used for. Making ourselves available, is where we must start! I don't care who you are or how much you are insecure about being used of God, if you make yourself available, you will not be embarrassed or ashamed. 

 However, if you do get the opportunity and back out, feeling inadequate or out of place, you will have missed out on something that might have changed a life; maybe even your own! You must believe, God's Spirit is all around you, in you, and ready to do a great work, if you allow Him to work! 

 I feel as though I might have gotten sidetracked and way off course, making this into something about real life experiences, instead the circle of life. Maybe it is all meaningless, unless it means that we know He is at work...

 "We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion - how can God's love be in that person? Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him." (1 John 3:16-22 NLT)    

No comments:

Post a Comment