Thursday, February 29, 2024

"Breath"

 "Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity." (Ecclesiastes 1:2 KJV)

 ""LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered - how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath." Interlude" (PSALM 39:4-5 NLT)

 As it turns out, the things that we do which are for the Lord, are the only things that will last; everything else can be recorded in our obituary, which will soon be forgotten. We must not neglect to ask God each and every morning: "Father, what would you have me to do today?" If you don't hear anything, just be prepared for a door of opportunity to open. 

 Not that I have a very good habit of making myself available, because it comes and goes, like the wind. Speaking of wind, Breath is what we are given by God; when our time is up, He takes that Breath away! And there is really nothing that we can do about it, no matter how much money you might have, your money is useless in that regard.  

 Basically, Solomon is starting off by setting the table for life; life being the number of days that are used up in the time here on earth, that actually count for something, that isn't meaningless. All the things we can do to better ourselves, whatever that might look like, really don't work out being the things we can take with us when we leave this earth; unlike what the world will try and tell us. 

 Jesus said, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?" (Luke 9:23-25 NLT)

 Breathe is something we are allowed to do, which is a verb, meaning that it is an action word. Not that I have been very faithful using the Breath that God has allowed me to use, but if I had to put any type of number towards using it for the Lord, I would hope that it would be at least 10%...

"Don't be misled - you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessings if we don't give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone - especially to those in the family of faith." (Galatians 6:7-10 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment