Monday, February 26, 2024

"The Teacher"

   "These are the words of the Teacher, King David's son, who ruled in Jerusalem." (Ecclesiastes 1:1 NLT)

  "A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart might discover itself." (Proverbs 18:2 KJV)

 Well, yesterday was quite interesting, to say the least. We went through 1 John 2:18-27, and during the teaching, Pastor Bryan got on the subject of, "opinions," I believe it was right around verse 24, and then continued to the end. If you had a chance to read my blog yesterday, I stated that in my humble opinion, I believe that Solomon is ministering to the secular humanist. 

 I don't believe that I was speaking anything new, because this is something that several very famous people agree with, I just happen to agree with them. There is really only a half-dozen things which I have an opinion on, which might be challenged; none of which is something that goes against the doctrine of who Jesus Christ is, and what He came to do on the cross. 

 Most of these opinions are based upon the circumstance and the impute from well-known Bible teachers; many of which have gone home to be with the Lord. Dr. Chuck is one of those teachers, having said, "Sometimes there is more said between the lines, then in the actual Scripture." That is his opinion, but it is also something that can be proven! 

 I am not trying to create some sort of new illustrations of why Solomon has written this Book; but I will say this: If it is in the Bible, then it has a purpose and will not return to LORD void...

 "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." (Isaiah 55:7 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment