Saturday, February 10, 2024

"The Love Motivation"

 "After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" 

 "Yes, Lord," Peter replied, "you know I love you."

 "Then feed my lambs," Jesus told him. 

 Jesus repeated the question: "Simon son of John, do you love me?" 

 "Yes, Lord," Peter said, "you know I love you." 

 "Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said.

 A third time he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" 

 Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you." 

 Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep."" (John 21:15-17 NLT)

  "When he came into the village of Nazareth, his boyhood home, he went as usual to the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read the Scriptures. The scroll of Isaiah the prophet was handed to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where this was written: "The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the LORD'S favor has come." He rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down. All eyes in the synagogue looked at him intently. Then he began to speak to them. "The Scripture you've just heard has been fulfilled this very day!"" (Luke 4:16-21 NLT)

 Sometimes it might take more than once for us to get the message, even though we understand it, we may not be willing to accept it, nor believe that it was intended for us! We could call that, "Lying to ourselves," which is what we do when we convince ourselves that the message was intended to be for someone else; even though our heart says differently! 

 If you have been following this blog for a while, then you might have gotten my message which was shared on the types of love Jesus is asking, when He says, "Do you love Me?" I love meat, and even if I was told that I couldn't eat it anymore because it was killing me, I would probably still eat it, anyway! That is the kind of love which is meant for pleasing myself; none of those love's Jesus is speaking of has anything to do with that kind of love! 

 That said, when we love as Jesus wants us to love, we experience a love that makes us real, as in, undeniably His...

"In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church." (Ephesians 5:28-29 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment