Tuesday, February 6, 2024

"Jesus Provides"

  ""Now come and have some breakfast!" Jesus said. None of the disciples dared to ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish. This was the third time Jesus had appeared to his disciples since he had been raised from the dead." (John 21:12-14 NLT)

  "For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause. Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed. Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." (Isaiah 52:4-6 KJV)

 It is time to be reminded how John is writing this, having maybe been some 60 years since these events had taken place, the memory of what had taken place was still able to distinguish emotions and certain details, as if this was from just days before. They say that this was written between 90 and 100 AD. 

 Having been saved now for around 43 years, I can hardly remember getting baptized, except that it was Pastor Jeff that did it, to both my wife and I at the same time, and that it happened at Pirate's Cove. Other than that, I remember the next time we were there, after our wedding, and Marianne's brother and his family were all there getting baptized. For some reason, that stands out more than even my own. 

 I can hardly remember a certain time in this Gospel when John uses the word, "I," or even, "We." He is constantly referring to the group, "the disciples," or when he does speak of himself, it is, "the disciple whom Jesus loved." 

 As to that point I made yesterday about being bold and speaking out; there comes a time in our life, (life being the New Life we have in Christ,) when we need to express that which Christ has placed upon our hearts. Call it a mark, or word, or certain character; but whatever it is, it is the calling that had changed your heart, making you turn to Life! 

 It could happen early in your journey, mid-steam, or at the very end, at which point you would be called a "Shooting Star." But without a doubt, it will happen, at one point in your New Life, in some form or fashion. I like Shemane's theme Scripture, it gives hope and encouragement to be strong...

"Again Esther spake unto Hatach, and gave him commandment unto Mordecai; All the kings servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever, whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre, that he may live: but I have not been called to come in unto the king these thirty days. And they told to Mordecai Esther's words. Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:10-14 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment