Monday, February 12, 2024

"Love That Cares"

 "He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep." (John 21:16 KJV)

  "For God called you to good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly. He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed. Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls." (1 Peter 2:21-25 NLT)

 Although these two 'Loves' are the same, they are made different by the application; as one addresses the feeding of lambs, and the other addresses the feeding of sheep. There is a difference between the two, as one requires the responsibility to look after, and the other requires caring for well-being. They might seem the same, but this type of love must make accommodations to adjust for the young and the old, the new and the well-seasoned saints. 

 What we are looking at is a love that is the verb of Agape Love, which is a noun, as it is from God, therefore it never changes! We don't have the capacity to love as God loves, but we do have the ability to allow God to love through and in us! We just have to surrender to His will, and He will show us how and what to do! 

 I watched at really interesting movie last night, "The Dreamseller". The whole point of what was meant in this movie, was about the "pause," something we seldom think about, but is more important than we could ever imagine. Just stop what you are doing, and do what you must do, that will make the greatest difference! 

 We can see that in Jesus, if we just could understand the things which He did, between doing the things He set out to do. I break my own heart so many times, just because I don't pause what I think is important, when there is so much more I could have done, that was much more important and meaningful! 

 It is really hard to explain what it means to really care, mostly because we think caring just requires a blessing or handing out some food or money. We have a Loving God that cares for us, so much more than we could ever know: He sacrificed more than His time for us...

"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:11-13 NLT)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment