Friday, February 23, 2024

"Enough Said!"

 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." (John 21:25 KJV)

  ""These are just the beginning of all that he does, merely a whisper of his power. Who, then, can comprehend the thunder of his power?"" (Job 12:14 NLT)

 We looked at it from what we should know, having the Holy Spirit living within us; now we will look at it with a little different perspective; one that shows, what I think, John is saying, and why it is important to know what it means. Actually, as I thought about this last night, it actually works well as a springboard to the Book I will be starting tomorrow morning, Lord willing!  

 With that, the main words to show what I believe John is saying here, are the words, "should be written," which make the statement about something which doesn't need to be said. In other words: If you have already read the testimony that was given, and you haven't believed what was said, then nothing else that is written will matter, at all, no matter how much of it is available to read! 

 This is the way that it works: When you harden to heart to the truth, you become blind to the love that God is offering; instead, you have shut yourself off, thinking one of two things: that God is just trying to control you, or that He doesn't exist. The crazy thing about that way of thinking, is your subconscious mind knows He really does exist; and because you have read what was said, your heart has seen what love is available, but it is buried deep within and hard to bring out. 

 The Good News in all of that, is that you can still be saved! Regardless of how hard your heart is or whether your mind is shut off; you still have a chance to get saved, as long as you are alive, you still have a chance! If you think I don't know what I am talking about, then you haven't heard my testimony. 

 Basically, I thought I had it all figured out, that the church just wanted bodies, that God was okay with me using and selling drugs, and that heaven was for those that believed He existed, and that's it. But that day when I was saved, They, tag-teamed me! The Father, Son, and Spirit all at once, so much so, I had no other choice but to run down to the place where the message was going to be given, hear the brief message, and then open my heart to Jesus Christ! 

 If I think hard about it, I might bet that was my last chance to let Jesus into my heart! We really don't know how many times He will knock, but when it gets to the point when He is dragging you into a church, (or as in my situation, a dining hall,) then you should consider it is serious...

"But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. Instead of worshipping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshipped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshipped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." (Romans 1:18-25 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment