Tuesday, May 2, 2023

"One Love"

 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14:20 KJV)

  "Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith." (2 Corinthians 13:5 NLT)

 As if this day is yet to come? I really don't think that we can really know the truth of God's great love for us, without it have already taken place in our hearts! This is a test: Do you know that Jesus is among you? Is He living inside you? And do have a personal relationship with Him, on a daily basis? 

 This is something I truly believe we must check in ourselves, before we totally wreck ourselves! Take the time to listen, as you read His word; making every effort to apply what He says to your life, asking Him to make it happen in you, come whatever may, allowing Him to be the Lord of your life, for the sake of love! 

 That was for me, I hope you know! There are some days when I am so caught up in work, I forget that I have Him with me. I know that might sound strange and there might be something wrong with me; but that is not strange at all. As a matter of fact, I can assure you that the average believer has times when they forget, not out of habit of forgetting, but out of habit of forgetting to stay in touch! 

 This is a relationship, which means that it must be kept up with, or it will be ignored and put to the side. I know pastor friends of mine, who need to serve the Lord in some sort of ministry, because they know how easy it is to get away from fellowship! They need to stay in it, for the sake of staying in it! We must never forsake the fellowship with our brothers and sisters; they keep us in the fold; outside of the fold, we are going to get lost or eaten up! 

 Paul, the Apostle, says that we should constantly pray; actually, he says: "Never stop praying." (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT) What that actually means, in context, is that we stay in character as someone who has a personal relationship with Christ Jesus! When we get out of character, we become ugly and unloving; so we must continually abide in Christ! Stay in character, as the Character is in you...

"Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone. See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:14-22 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment