Sunday, May 14, 2023

"Be Comforted"

 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28 KJV)

  "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7 NLT)

 If is okay, I would like to share a Mother's Day message, being that is something being celebrated today. I hope it might be something that works into this message, because there is something that I feel God has put upon my heart.

 This point that Jesus is making, saying, "My Father is greater than I," is primarily based upon the fact that He was presently in the flesh; meaning that His body was subject to all of the pain, suffering, and even death, that might be put upon the human body. This is something that has always amazed me, that God would subject Himself to be formed in flesh, within a mother's womb! 

 He could have just appeared as a man, fully formed and ready to minister as the Saviour; but it would not have been the same, because then He would not have been like one of us. Imagine it, the LORD of LORD'S, having to be subject to all sorts of vulnerable situations; having to be nurtured, changed, feed, and raised up by a mother's love. 

 Let alone, the fact that He was totally fragile and subject to all sorts of injuries as a child growing up. But, isn't interesting what He grew up to do? Imagine that, as you picture the woman that might think they should abort their child, just because they didn't want them to be subject to the evils of this world. The simple fact that the act of killing an innocent baby in the womb, is one of the greatest evils; taking away the child's life, for fear that they might get hurt or killed! 

 Well, that is exactly what happened: they were both, hurt and killed! There is no compassion for the life, because the mother is convinced that there is no life, until that baby is born! What is wrong with this world? Why would anyone even imagine that life is not a life? 

 Fortunately, as I believe it to be, all of those unborn children were a life! And because they were not born into this world and because of their innocence, they are in heaven with Jesus right now! This is something I am very sure of, and I hope any mother that realizes what she has done, knows that to! You are not eternally condemned, and the Lord can still smile upon you as His child! 

 Mother's are amazing! As I have said before, my mother might have had her faults, but two things I can say about her heart for her children, as I know for sure: she never had anything bad to say about me, and I was always welcomed home, no matter what...

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the LORD of Heaven's Armies will make this happen!" (Isaiah 9:6-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment