Friday, May 12, 2023

"Peace; Be Still" - Too

 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27 KJV)

  "This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."" (Romans 1:17 NLT)

 I feel as though I need to park on this verse for a little bit, as it has several things to say about the life I feel that I am living in, which could really stand to be shown what it means to, Be Still! That might not be something that anyone out there is dealing with, because I am sure that a lot of you have figured that out. But my greatest fear is that I tend to pray for God to do something, then set out on my own to make it happen; instead of waiting to see what God might do first. 

 If you don't understand what I mean, it has the simple illustration of learning how to drown; something I have shared on before, that is pretty much exactly what it says: You stop trying to save yourself from drowning, so that God can wrap His arms around you and save you Himself! 

 I say fear, only because I look back and see all those times when it has happened, wondering what my life might have looked like if I just let God do what He wants to do, instead of looking for the way to fix things myself. That said, there is something I believe in this that should never be forgotten: It is never too late for God to fix anything we have messed up! 

 That is the kind of peace that the Lord gives us, which the world can never ever come close to doing! We must believe that God can do miracles, those things that we cannot understand, but that He can do with just a wink or a nod! Something we can only really realize when we put all of our trust in Him, and not in what we or the world can make happen. 

 I thought about that thing they keep advertising about $26,000 payments for keeping your employee working during the pandemic shutdown. And then I thought about the fact that the government money that is giving out, is always attached to a cost; there is no free lunch! Someone else is paying for whatever they keep handing out. 

 Anywho; I heard this message yesterday that reminded me of something, as there are people that we might be praying for to rededicate their lives to the Lord; maybe even thinking for ourself, "I need to rededicate my life to the Lord!" But what we really need is Regeneration, not rededication...

""Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink - even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk - it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food."" (Isaiah 55:1-2 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment