Wednesday, May 3, 2023

"One Love" - 2

 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14:20 KJV)

  "Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us." (1 John 4:11-12 NLT)

 There is something I forgot, something I feel is becoming more and more frequent, the older I get. We really don't get to the chance to experience the fullness of God's love until we are actually in glory; until then, we are able to feel the receiving side, the side that is expressed in the cross of Christ! Another little peek at the experience Job saw when he said that he had seen God, saying, "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things too wonderful for me." 

 We must come to the conclusion that this life is only temporary, a time to experience just a small glimpse of God's glory. Something that is far too powerful and spectacular for us to experience now; but when it comes time to experience it, nothing will compare, and everything will seem meaningless and forgotten! At least that is what I get from what the Bible says about heaven; wherever that might be. 

 As far as the struggles we might have now, they come and go, something we must expect to deal with until we are taken up into heaven. As we see in Hebrews 12:4, "After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin." When this life is gone, the struggle will end! Until then, we need to love God and each other; and when we stumble, get back up and start doing it again and again! 

 On that day, we will surely get it right...

"You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai. For the heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking. They staggard back under God's command: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death." Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, "I am terrified and trembling." No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering. You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Able." (Hebrews 1218-24 NLT)      

No comments:

Post a Comment