Tuesday, May 30, 2023

"Be a Follower"

 "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples." (John 15:8 KJV)

  "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality." (Romans 12:9-13 NLT)

 After you digest this, think about all the things Jesus did, and how often He was distracted on the way, yet His way was always widened in the distractions! That is the thing I need to work on the most! Having time to help someone in need; having a heart that is willing to serve, even when it might seem like I don't have the time or feeling that my time is more valuable. 

 You know the drill, "What Would Jesus Do," is the question we should be asking, as we make our choices in this life. Should I go when called, even if there is no time to go? I know that might not seem like a very big issue; but it is, because God uses those that are willing to be used! 

 On a more serious note: God will also use you, even if you're not willing to be used; you just might not like it or enjoy the ride! Just ask Jonah, if you might doubt that is the case. If you haven't had a chance to read the Book of Jonah, it is really not a story that finishes well; as God puts Johah on the spot, by asking him a question, that we don't see Jonah answering: ""You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city."" (NLT)

 Don't get me wrong, because I help out when I can; I just feel as though I could be doing more than I do, because there is always ways to help, even if we don't see God working; He never stops working! We just need to make ourselves available, and we will see, it will never seem to stop...

""Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on the sand. When the rain and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash."" (Matthew 7:24-27 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment