Saturday, May 13, 2023

"Peace; Be Still" - Again

 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27 KJV)

 ""Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock."" (Matthew 7:24-25 NLT)

 As I was praying about this, I felt as though there were things in my life that I have taken for granted, things that God has blessed me with, that I should steward wisely and treat with care. Maybe it might not be the time to or place, but we have got to pay attention to what God places in our lives, whether that is the people around us, or the home that He has given us to live in. 

 That is really not a worldly thing, to care about those things, because it is not as if we put trust in them; but it is about respecting that God has placed them into our lives, and that we must not neglect the care that we are responsible to give them. There are my two cents on the physical things; now for the things that matter the most: Loving God, means to listen and obey Him! When we do not listen and obey Him, we will not feel the Peace that He has given to us; and, in the mist of the storm, we will be afraid! 

 There is the thing that is most important! Not that it is funny, but I really need to laugh at some of the things I allow myself to do, as if God isn't watching or caring about them. If we do not truly treat Him as if He is standing right beside us, how can we expect to trust He is there when we really need Him?

 The seriousness of that is no laughing matter! However, I heard Pastor Jack give a message yesterday about the time Moses struck the Rock, when he was only meant to speak to it. The Rock still poured out water for the congregation, as well as, for Moses and Aaron...

""Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever."" (1 Chronicles 16:34 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment