Monday, September 26, 2022

"Without Controversy"

 "I and my Father are one." (John 10:30 KJV) 

  "I am writing these things to you now, even though I hope to be with you soon, so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of truth. Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory." (1 Timohy 3:14-16 NLT)

 There is no need for debate in this, but there is always those that will debate it! That's the reason why Paul mentions the fact that it is a great mystery, because it is so hard for people to understand it, not because it is not known, because Jesus clearly made it known, the prophets made it known, the angels made it known, and even the Father made it known!  

 Whether you believe that Jesus is God, or you don't, does not change the fact that He is God; it only makes ignorant on the fact; which really does not change anything, especially you! What exactly do you think that you must believe? That Jesus was killed upon a cross? That is a fact, proven in written history! 

 I am never surprised when someone debates with me over who Jesus is; except when it is someone from church that wants to have that debate. There shouldn't be any question or debate among the church body about the Deity of Christ Jesus. If we understand the Scriptures, then we know what they say, quite clearly! So, who do you want to debate? 

 It's not that I don't like to have the debate, because I almost always do. It helps me to express that which I believe, thereby making my faith regenerated each time that I share what I believe. We must not shrink back from telling people what we believe, because this is way too important to not proclaim, without controversy! 

 If someone has a question, we must declare the answer, because when it comes the question of who Jesus is, the answer is really easy...

"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" "Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets." Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven."" (Matthew 16:13-19 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment