Sunday, September 11, 2022

"Authoritative Prescription"

 "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." (John 10:18 KJV)

  "Because God's children are human beings - made of flesh and blood - the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying." (Hebrews 2:14-15 NLT) 

 Just so you know, believing that Jesus is God is not exactly the majority opinion with many churches; nor do the majority of churches hold to the virgin birth as way Jesus was born. Don't ask me why, because I really haven't figured that out. But am willing to make a suggestion: If you cannot accept the first verse of the Bible as the fact it proclaims, then everything else that is written will be treated the same! 

 This is not my first rodeo when it comes to challenging any argument that Jesus is not God! Just because He was born as a baby, people will assume God would not manifest Himself in such a fashion. Well, in case that is the thought, Hebrews 2:14 gives us a very clear picture of why and how that was the way it was done. 

 With that, we should really pay attention to what is happening in our world around us. Not that we can really do much to stop it, because it is meant to happen, just as the Bible says. But as long as we see and understand what is happening, we know where to be focused and where our real hope is found. This is not it, no way, no how! 

 To be honest with everyone, if anyone is listening, I have been really burdened with my profession lately, and it has been nothing more than just a grind; each day seems to grind a little harder! I keep thinking it is because I am getting old and my drive to succeed is no longer in me. So, I am praying for God to show me what I must do. 

 First things first, I must take care of my wife! If you are anywhere close to my situation, then you need to make every effort to provide care for your spouse. As much as you can, you must provide the care and love on your own, in whatever capacity that might look like, but you must be involved and part of the picture.

 Whatever you do, don't put your love in the care of another! Don't do what the world might prescribe and have them put in a Care Home or Hospice. Make every effort to make your home the caring place! Home is where the heart is; at least when it comes to marriage. 

 Sorry for diverting from the focus, but sometimes we must pause to look at the life we are in...

"That is why the Holy Spirit says, "Today, when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled, when they tested me in the wilderness. There your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even though they saw my miracles for forty years. So I was angry with them, and I said, 'Their hearts always turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.' So, in my anger I took an oath: 'They will never enter my place of rest.'"" (Hebrews 3:7-11 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment