Thursday, September 8, 2022

"All as One"

 "And other sheep I have, which are not on this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (John 10:16 KJV)

  "And we are among those whom he selected, both from the Jews and from the Gentiles. Concerning the Gentiles, God says in the prophecy of Hosea, "Those who were not my people, I will now call my people. And I will love those whom I did not love before." And, "Then, at the place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"" (Romans 9:24-26 NLT)

 It is really pretty amazing how God speaks to us, either by His written word, or in a still-small voice, or by the mouth of others, either way, the Holy Spirit living inside us will give us understanding and the ability to put what we hear to work. I get so amazed by the way messages I hear, almost always, will flow into something that might be heavy on my heart.

 Which is part of my discussion today, as it just so happens. Yesterday I heard a caller who had a question, one that we all here from time to time: "If God already knew man was going to sin, why did He go ahead and create man anyway?" The best answer I think I have heard for that, was based upon man's own knowledge in this current life. 

 If you have had any children of your own, then you know from experience that things don't always go the way that you would like. Does that mean that you don't have any children? I actually think that some people actually feel that way, and that might be the reason for so many abortions. But those that actually love their children, they will still do their very best, hope for the best, and deal best with whatever might actually happen. 

 Now, consider that simple illustration with the power to know! Now we are talking about something on a whole different level; one that is completely outside of our ability to comprehend or understand. In that case, we just believe that God has always had a plan, and we thank God for making us a part of it! 

 As for this verse from Romans, which says: "And I will love those whom I did not love before." We must understand something about God's amazing love, because He loves all of us, even those that do not love Him back. He also knows who will be saved or not, but He does not let them know what He knows! 

 We don't have a clue about anything, until we actually get saved; even then, we sometimes doubt it is true and consider questioning our own salvation. You know what I mean, at least I hope I'm not alone? The thing that works best for me, is to remember how He changed me and gave me new life and hope and peace and joy! He also gave me understanding in His word, as my heart has become one with His.

 These are the things which cannot be denied or forgotten! Remember, remember, remember...

"But then I recall all you have done, O LORD; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works." (Psalm 77:11-12 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment