Monday, September 12, 2022

"Authoritative Prescription" - 2

 "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." (John 10:18 KJV)

  "You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross." (Philippians 2:5-8 NLT) 

 Whatever state or condition you might find yourself, your never too far from God! That might not be the easiest thing to realize, but it is the simplest thing to believe, because it is a promise from God! We must hold on to His promises and have faith, no matter what this world might throw at us, it can never take away the salvation He has given, ever! 

 As to the subject of yesterday's complaint: I seriously have nothing to complain about, because God has abundantly blessed me with so much more than I deserve! You know that song, "Count your Blessing," well it involves taking a moment to realize all that God has done, counting them one by one. Do you know, it is really hard to count all that He has done! 

 Yesterday's message at church was based upon Mark 1:9-13, which is where Jesus is baptized, when the Holy Spirit shows up as a Dove, the Father speaks from heaven, saying, "Thou at my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," and then, "immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness." As if that was something bad, as some might think! 

 God sometimes needs us to go through the wilderness, because it is in the wilderness where we must be more reliant on Him, for things we take for granted. Simple things, which become not so obtainable or easily found, like shade, food, and strength. It is hard to put trust in anything else but God! Every other thing that we have or think that we need, is nothing but a vapor, here today, and gone tomorrow! 

 The wilderness is a place where we either draw closer to God, or we complain and blame God for the situation we feel He has placed us in. I think that drawing closer to God is the best place to be! What say you...

"My brethern, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." (James 1:2-4 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment