Sunday, September 25, 2022

"Unconquerable"

 "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:29 KJV) 

  "Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness." (Psalm 145:3 NLT) 

 Forgive me if I seem a little rushed, but I must get to camp and help prepare breakfast by 4:30. I just need to confess something I have been guilty of and hope and pray I can change, once and for all: I set out again and again to read God's word to my wife every morning and night for at least 20 minutes, but I keep trying to, but try doesn't work! 

 That was a powerful message from Pastor Chris, as he said, repeatedly, "Try doesn't cut it, I must be all in; and I must put all of my heart, mind and soul into serving the Lord, in whatever it is that He leads me to do!" This is not something we can take lightly, as if it is optional. 

 We must protect and provide for the spiritual needs of our families, that is not just something God is asking us to do, as men: it is required of us, because they are dependent upon us to do so! I think back to when the time was that I had so many chances to do it right, and I failed!

 Having gathered my family, my wife and son, to meet with me after I came home from work, to do the "Family Walk" together. It was like pulling teeth to get it started, but once it was started, it only took a short while for me to destroy the work God started, by failing to make it the priority! 

 Yes, it was me that quit showing up on time; that put work ahead of my family: coming home, to see them sitting on the couch, waiting to get started; just to watch me say, "Not tonight, I have too much work to do!" Epic Fail! 

 Don't let the enemy win a single battle! "Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness." Don't try, Do! With all got, make it happen... 

"A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the whole armor of God so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil." (Ephesians 6:10-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment