Friday, September 9, 2022

"All as One" - Two

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (John 10:16 KJV)

  "Praise the LORD, all the nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love; the LORD'S faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!" (Psalm 117 NLT)

 Keeping it short, mostly because I just want to be thankful the Lord picked me; like one of those starfish on the beach, He picked me up and saved me from death! Don't really know what else to say about that, because to some, it might not seem fair; but to those that believe, it means more than life itself.

 As I was thinking about that day, the day the Lord called me, I could help but remember how important that call was upon my life. I was reminded of that by the way Mark shows how Andrew, Simon, James, and John all left their nets and followed Jesus, without even considering the challenges ahead.

 When we try to imagine what might be ahead, it can sometimes cause us to stumble or hesitate to make a change, especially when that change is drastic and involves giving up wealth. I know that I might sound like a broken record, or worse, but I am convinced that Mark is the one who was wrapped in a sheet, as Jesus was arrested in the garden.

 Why did the rich young ruler run to Jesus? What was it that caused him to ask, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" What was it that caused Jesus to say, "Sell all that you have, and give it to the poor." It is that which makes me think about all that I have and consider what it all means to me. More than that, what is it that I have been living for, for the last four decades? 

 There is so much more than this, and I feel as though I might have missed out! That said, I believe that God puts us on a particular path, whatever path we are on, we must do whatever we do as if we are working for the Lord. I believe I have tried to do that, most of the time; but there have been times when success and financial gain has gotten in the way. Nobody's perfect! 

 Regardless of all that noise, I believe that Jesus called me and know that I heard His voice! I know that I am saved, that I am a child of God, and that He has given me eternal life! So, all that other stuff, whether present or past, means nothing! Nothing can separate me from the mighty hand of God...

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment