Wednesday, June 23, 2021

"The Switch!" -2

 "The that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:18 KJV)

  "Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." (Romans 5:1-2 NLT)

  To be more to the point, this is not really something that we control; this switch I am referring to belongs to God, it is His doing because He is the only one that can condemn us. When He says we are no longer condemned, then He has the final word and the issue is settled! 'But wait just a minute,' you say, 'is it not any longer up to me what I believe?' 

  I have wrestled with this issue long enough, it has started to bore me when the enemy tries to bring accusations against me, as if he has somehow become the judge what I do or do not do. The things I might do, I have conviction over; and the things I do not do, I have regrets; I surely do not need to have one that hates me try to tear me down! There is a reason I do not deserve God's grace and mercy, that much I surely know! 

  Having said that, I need to make something abundantly clear: I believe that God has chosen me, I am not the one that choose Him; therefore, He has the control over my life, not I. Even if I tried to hide, He will find me; even if I try to run away, He will contain me; and even if I try to quit, He will not let me! This is what a loving Father does! 

  So judge all you want, that is what I have to say; because the One that holds me is my Judge! I hope you understand what I am trying to say, because it is really not an issue that never comes around again, because it does, over and over. But, this is something we call faith, because it does not present you with anything you can actually hold onto to, like the alter or a relic to continually run to when you feel doubt. No, the faith we must have, is knowing that He is holding firmly onto us! 

  Anywho, this is really quite simple and easy to understand. You were once condemned to eternal damnation in hell, He offered you salvation, you accepted His offer, and now you have been snatched from the fires of hell! He is not going to throw you back, because you have become His child, and now He is your Heavenly Father! 

  You know, when I was bad as child, I would get to pick the switch. A word of advice, the small ones hurt more than the bigger ones. Just saying...

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." (Romans 5:3-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment