Friday, June 25, 2021

"Full Disclosure!"

 "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:21 KJV)

  "Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously." (Isaiah 55:6-7 NLT)

  If there is any hope for recovery, it is found in God's wonderful mercy! We should come with a humble heart, which does not expect anything but mercy, hoping and yearning to be brought near to God. It is this way for those who first come to the cross, as it is for those that need to return to the foot of the cross! And yes, I said, return! 

  To be willing to lay down everything, might not seem hard to do, if you have lost everything; but to be willing to lay down everything while you are still doing well, there is almost always an issue with what you will do. Not that it matters, but if you trust Him in the little things, which matter little, you can surely trust Him in the big things, that matter much! 

  Besides, the things that matter most are the things of heaven; which are the things you cannot loose! I hope you know that, because it is made abundantly clear! Everything we can store up here, whether it is riches or fame, that is all temporary and will soon pass; but everything we store up in heaven, is there to stay, it never fades away! (Matthew 6:20) 

  I cannot begin to count the number of times I have revisited the cross; to throw myself down asking for forgiveness, pleading for God to cleanse me and wash me of my sins. What it actually needed? If you want to ask for mercy, then, yes it was! James tells us, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners, and purify your hearts, ye double-minded." (James 4:8) 

  This was not intended for those that are lost, but for those that need to be cleansed...

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary." (Psalms 63:1-2 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment