Monday, June 28, 2021

"Pause to Reflect"

 "After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized." (John 3:22 KJV)

  "My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass. But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations." (Psalms 102:11-12 KJV)

  Because this is the basic beginning of a ministry, this is what many might call, 'getting charged up,' which is a typical way of saying, preparing for what is going to come. In the case of almost any sort of ministry, the preparation for what is coming, cannot be complete without reflecting upon the mission. If we do not go into it with the right attitude, we are sure to mess things up! 

  If you know anything at all about giving a message, you will probably know that you are simply a vessel which is being used by God; you are the one saying the words, but God is actually the one speaking. At least that is what the mission is meant to be, for those who are sharing God's word. We need to be the least, He must be the Greater! That is the message we are to be focused upon and what we must live out! 

  I know that there are days when I really don't get things right; but it is this constant pushing forward that makes me sometimes miss the message. Sometimes we just need to sit still and listen! Do you know what I mean? I really want to get fed, but if I don't chew my food well enough, it just goes right through me and I miss out on a lot of the nutrients; let alone all the wonderful flavors. 

  Something to think about, if you are hoping for any message to speak into your heart...

"Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly. Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way." (James 3:1-2 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment