Thursday, June 10, 2021

"The Spirit" - Too

 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:7-8 KJV) 

  "I will praise three; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." (Psalms 139:14 KJV)

  One of the things I remember best about my new birth, was how much I could easily reference the key Scriptures that spoke about the Lord Jesus Christ and His Deity. It was by far the most telling proof of the Holy Spirit living inside me, as this was almost a natural feature, one that could hardly be explained any other way. 

  I know I shared this before, but I spent several weeks on putting together a Cross-Word puzzle; one which had all of the questions about who Christ was and is, leaving all the unmarked squares in the shape of the name JESUS going a both across and down the page, crossing at the letter 'S' in the shape of a cross. Not that I ever had it published or anything, but it was a fun little thing to pass around to my fellow inmates. 

  Because we have all been given some sort of a gift, whatever that gift might be, we must use it to the very best of our ability. Not that we are able on our own, because it is God that is working in us; but we are able to move, one way or another, we move as a vessel of the Lord's! This is just another way of how we look at what Jesus is speaking about; we have become a messenger of the Gospel; however that works out into your life, that depends on your ability to be used; as in, Are you Able! 

  I know, that seems a little strange and odd, like what did Able do to represent being a messenger of the Gospel? He did what was right and what pleased God! It also upset his brother Cain, because Cain did not choose to do right; which caused Cain to become jealous and hate his brother Able. This is what it is like to be a messenger of the Gospel: you are not going to be liked by those who do not agree with what you show or tell them, even if it is just by your actions. 

  The main point to everything that I am trying to say, is that God starts and finishes the work within us; sometimes with or without us even knowing He is working! We might not even know that we are doing something in His Name, but just being a vessel, we are His messengers, in one way or another...

"For this is the message that ye have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And why wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death." (1 John 3:11-14 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment