Monday, June 14, 2021

"Continuity" -2

 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?" (John 3:10-12 KJV)

  "When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: when he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; rejoicing in the habitable of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." (Proverbs 8:27-31 KJV) 

  As to the question presented yesterday, I would hope that many of you would have answered yes, with great joy in your hearts. I personally have no concern for myself, as I know where I shall be once this body is dead; but those I daily prayer for to be saved, they need that same assurance. I would gladly take their place in the tribulation, for it is just a pause to me, but eternity for them. 

  Anywho, today I believe there is something afoot in this land, something that might be striking a blow to the people sitting on the fence, as it were, not quite sure if this is real or not! Because of the way Jesus is speaking, We, as He presents the truth to Nicodemus, He presents several different options as to who We is that He is referring to. Not that it will make much difference to those on the other side of the fence; but for those that haven't quite made up their minds, this could cause a change in normal things. 

  First and foremost, when Jesus says, "We speak that we do know," it is not speculation, it is Truth! I know that there are some who scoff at that, as if there is nothing here to see; but if you a going to be putting your life on the line for anything at all, you had better make sure that it is Truth! If you don't imagine it is that serious, then you have not yet experienced the Truth! 

  Secondly, the whole point of the We, is that Jesus has a connection with the Father; as He was and always has been, even now in this meeting with Nicodemus, He still is! Again, I know that there are scoffers who will deny that is so; but if you are the least bit interested in the Truth, then you need to take a second look. Jesus clarifies His statement, by adding, "and testify that we have seen." 

  I am quite aware of the simplicity of what this means, it is all too obvious to be ignored; but if you are the least bit interested in what is coming next, then you must consider the Truth! It basically all comes down to a very simple conclusion: "And ye receive not our witness." Striking blow, especially to one that might be sitting on the fence! 

  If you did not understand what was said, then you are either okay, or not okay; but if you got the message, you are in between the two and need a little push...

"This second epistle, beloved, I now write to you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: that ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men." (2 Peter 3:1-7 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment