Tuesday, September 1, 2020

"Young Woman"

"Come out to see King Solomon, young women of Jerusalem. He wears the crown his mother gave him on his wedding day, his most glorious day." (S.O.S. 3:11 NLT)

  Reasons to pay attention: One, that you do not miss any opportunity to hear His voice, to follow His direction, and to avoid being taken advantage of for not paying attention. Two, that you do not miss out on this! What exactly are we looking at, and why is it so special?
  Standing back, dream or no dream, this is the perfect picture of something that is the beginning of every New Life in Christ: the day in which your eyes, your heart, and God's Spirit, united together as one! This might seem rather light for such a glorious day; but it is a perfect snapshot of the moment when it all came to Light!
  For me, it became something that I was not ready for; my defenses were down, I had somehow let go of my guard, and I was ready to listen to whatever it was God wanted to say. That might seem a little weird, but that is the best example I have to explain how it was that He got my attention. If you will, it would be a little bit like what this Young Woman might have experienced by getting a ride in Solomon's chariot: she was so impressed by the majesty and the splendor, that see was ready to see and hear anything that the King had show and tell her.
  That is how I remember it, as much as I recall that day. The first part of the invitation was the calling: as I laid down on my bunk, getting ready to relax after eating breakfast, there was the call. A faint voice of a man, most likely near the time he would be meeting his maker, begging me to come hear something that was prepared for me to hear. My only distraction was that of resting; the thought of going to church never had entered my head; this couldn't be church, there was no church on this compound; so my defenses were down and I was ready to listen.
  As I arrived to the cafeteria room, there was some music playing and I felt a little bit out of place; singing in a crowd was not something I felt ready to do, especially a crowd of fellow prisoners. Just another little part of this glorious presentation! One little thing at a time, it was all coming together; my curiosity had been awakened; He had my attention!
  And then the message: A simple message about the Creator of heaven and earth; about how this creation all points to the majesty and splendor of the KING of All Creation! And then it clicked! Just like that, I saw, I felt, and I knew: He was KING JESUS! I saw Him with the eyes of my heart: He was on the cross and He was wearing a crown of thorns...

"But faith's way of getting right with God says, "Don't say in your heart, 'Who will go up to heaven?' (to bring Christ down to earth). And don't say, 'Who will go down to the place of the dead?' (to bring Christ back to life again)." In fact, it says, "The message is very close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart." And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:6-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment