Wednesday, September 23, 2020

"Earthquake Love!"

 "How fair is the love, my sister, my spouse! How much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! (S.O.S. 4:10)

  Okay, so I have got to come clean and say that I took this title from a song that was sung by The Arnold during the credits of 'Killing Gunther." That said, this is actually a real thing; because it turns out that a man with the last name, Love, actually discovered or worked out a mathematical model for a certain type of motion of Seismic Waves, which are the fastest surface waves, and they move the ground from side to side. "Confined to the surface of the crust, Love waves produce entirely horizontal motion." 

  I know, I am a nut; guilty as charged! Oddly enough, after thinking about this for I title, I was reminded how much God loves funny. Don't think for a moment that He does not have a sense of humor, because He does; I know He does, because He saved me! Seriously, I instantly thought of these two particular instances where Jesus did two pretty funny things; at least they had to have gotten a laugh, as they still do, time and time again. The first instance that popped into my mind was when Jesus healed the blind man by making mud from His spit and then rubbing the mud over his eyes. The funny part of this, might not have been the spit and the mud, but the question He was asked about how that man was born blind, and the answer Jesus gave them before He made the mud-ball. 

  The second little thought, was that of the man which had the legend of demons; as it turned out, those pigs that those demons fled into, plunged into the sea. There are several different layers of humor in that story, but for now, lets just say that the earth tried to prevent this encounter from happening! Which really makes me wonder about the thinking of some of our political minds, those that say mother earth is angry with the way we are treating the earth; explaining all of these fires and such on that kind of logic only makes me think that they really might be related to monkeys; the circus kind, no doubt! 

  Talk about humor, how about the fact that God spoke through a donkey; or better yet, the fact that the man who owned the donkey could only speak blessings over Israel after seeing the cross...

"Wherefore God gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 1:24-25)  

No comments:

Post a Comment