Friday, September 4, 2020

"CHAPTER FOUR"

THE SONG OF SONGS (Chapter Four)
"Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, speak to the children of my people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: If he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head." (Ezekiel 33:1-4)

  Just a little warning about tomorrow's post, the opening Scripture will be rather long, as the speaker will be saying 15 verses all at once; the next longest is only nine verses, so it is sure to be good. The Young Woman has introduced her lover, and now it is His time to speak.
  Not to change the subject, but this election has taken on some pretty interesting challenges, to say the least. If ever there was a test for lines to be drawn, what is good and bad, or righteousness and evil, then these lines are as visible as the main highways from the air. Not that I am taking sides, because I feel as though there is no choice in the matter: you are either standing on the side of God or you are not! If you have any doubt about which side that might be, then there is a scale to use for such a matter.
  Anywho, let me get back to this Subject declared in the opening Scripture! You must believe this, if you are going to understand anything about God's justice, you must believe that He is just! His aim is to save sinners, each and every one! The point of what this is saying, is that He gives us a warning; sometimes several warnings, just in case we might have been distracted during the first or second; but either way, He warns us before we get hit!
  This is something that I believe works on several different plains; whether we are speaking about a person, a country, or a nation. Regardless of what, the people are going to be responsible to take warning when they hear the trumpet sound; if they do not take warning, then they have no one to blame but themselves.
  As much as I would like to pretend this does not apply to myself, I would be a fool to think that I have my whole life in perfect order. I ever you hear me even come close to such a foolish statement, please blow a very loud trumpet in my ear! Please be very careful: this is not about us making our lives perfect, but it is about the perfection that He makes us to be! We will not and cannot make ourselves anything that we are not!
  My mother would always say, "A leopard cannot change its spots." But I know a Man that can surely take away every spot on and within me...

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy Scriptures,) concerning his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among nations, for his name: among whom are ye also called of Jesus Christ: to all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 1:1-7) 

No comments:

Post a Comment