Friday, February 22, 2019

"SAMECH"

"I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love." (Psalms 119:113)

  Believe it or not, but the word above is pretty close to the word I used as a child for sandwich. As many of you know, I feel that God's word is more than just instruction for how we should live, it is also instruction for how we should think. Whether we believe it or not, God looks at the heart, the inner man or woman; what we hold to within our hearts is more important to God than what we do or how we look on the outside. This is both good and bad, depending upon what is in your heart. If you have good intentions, sometimes your intentions far exceed the actual work or task you are given. Then again, sometimes the work you are involved in, in no way displays the intentions of your heart, because your intention is not to give God the glory, but to receive the glory for yourself. If there was going to be a law of God that is displayed within this section of Scripture, I believe it would be the law of God's judgment of our hearts; as in, "the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7) The way Matthew Henry explains this, David is not speaking about his hate for the vain thoughts of others, but the vain thoughts of himself; for who can know the thoughts of others, but God? David was not stating that he did not have vain thoughts, but he was stating that he hated them; which means that they were the vain thoughts he saw within himself. We cannot escape the fact that God knows those thoughts we have within us, because we honestly think them! Try and figure out how to correct that situation, because it is not going to happen. I will associate it to the statement Rush made about how being deaf is something you cannot fake. Try it and see! I can close my eyes and pretend to be blind; but if I close off my ears, then my hearing is turned up on myself...

""Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously."" (Isaiah 55:6-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment