Monday, February 11, 2019

"Paths of Righteousness"

"I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me." (Psalms 119:102)

  When we follow Jesus, goodness and mercy will follow us! This is really a no-brainer. If there were some kind of law to be assigned to this, it pretty much is the law of following the Lord; in and through all our ups and downs, where ever we might find ourselves, and most surely when we feel as though we don't belong! If that is you, you do have a friend in God; He loves you so much more than you know, even more than you think that you love yourself. The key to understanding this verse is that of God's "judgments." It the court of public opinion, judgment has taken off the blinders and put on magnifiers to take even the slightest offense, and has blown it way out of proportion. In the case of God's judgments, mercy is at the center of the act of deciding a case, whatever that offense might be, it is never beyond His mercy! Does that mean that there are no consequences? Absolutely not! There are always consequences for the wrong things we do; if you drop an egg on the ground, it is going to break! However, even though all the kings horses and and the kings men can't fix it, there is a God that can and will; because, He is into all things that are considered impossible! In the offenses that David had performed against God, he always was willing to be judged by God. If it came down to a choice, whether to be judged by men or God, he was never hesitant to choose God as his judge. It always amazes me why anyone would put there trust in an idol, something that is made by another man; as if that thing which has been made by another man can somehow give them any protection whatsoever. Here is a very simple test, for those that might have anything other than God they use for protection: If whatever you worship cannot judge you, it cannot protect you either...

""They will be my people, and I will be their God. And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for there own good and for the good of their descendants. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me. I will find joy doing good for them and will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant them in this land. "This is what the LORD says: Just as I have brought all theses calamities on them, so I will do all the good I have promised them."" (Jeremiah 32:38-42) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment