Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Point Taken"

"Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love they testimonies." (Psalms 119:119)

  Don't you just love how God works? I mean, just take notice of the chapter and verse, Chapter 119, Verse 119; let it take a moment for the reality to set in, because there is reinforcement of meaning that is being presented, whether you believe it or not. Case in point: one of the things they tell us to do in a verse by verse study of the Bible, is that, when you come across the word, "Therefore," you need to look at the statement before and take notice of what it is there for. Okay, so you might not see it yet? That is okay, because before there is something catastrophic that happens to someone's life, they very seldom see it coming before it actually happens; so don't worry too much about it. Don't listen to that! You must be seriously worried about this; this is the matter of life and death! Matthew Henry, for those that might try to understand his viewpoint, says it like this: "I see what comes of sin; therefore I love thy testimonies, that warn me to take heed of those dangerous courses and keep me from the paths of the destroyer. " Getting back to the point of what this law might look like, that God looks at our hearts; He sees everything we think, all that we plot, and the real intensions of our hearts. When it comes to God's "testimonies," they are always plural! You know how that looks? You know that old saying, "For every action, there is a reaction"? God has stated in His word, "For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and taketh it bring forth and bud, that it give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11) In other words, God never speaks without His words making things happen! If you don't understand what that might imply, then you should honestly get back to the basics and simplicity of the Gospel! We do not change ourselves! I know that doesn't play well in the playbook of the world's definition of recovery and rehabilitation, but it is a fact! God must change our hearts! It is God doing something in us that will make the difference! My mom always use to tell me, A leopard cannot change its spots. Guess what mom? God can change a leopards spots! Maybe that was the whole point of Jesus cleansing the lepers? Oh, you think that I am off point? Really? Okay, the point to be made regarding the "wicked," is that the wicked represent anyone that is guilty of sin. So, in the testimonies of God, how many sins do I need in my life to be guilty of sin? Oh, I forgot to mention, that the reaction to sin, in case you do not know, is death! I love the verses that follow 55:10-11...

"For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the briar shall come up a myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 55:12-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment